Thursday, February 10, 2011

An apology and a request

So I have been very quiet here. It's not that I don't want to sit behind my sewing machine or read through blogs and write comments or write back to you guys (so sorry for that! I will answer to you in a few days! Promise!).
It's just that I am studying like crazy.
This might be the first time I am so deep into Spanish that I am mixing it up with every other language I know. Sometimes I don't find the words in my own language.
Explaining things has never been so hard for me before. How do you do it when you only can think of the words in Spanish ( a language that has not very much in common with my mother tongue except for those weird "r" sounds and the word for "cheese" :) )

So until Tuesday, there will be nothing coming from me. Sorry!
This also means that the
giveaway will be extended until then...
If you are still waiting for a message from me, I will get to you on Tuesday.


So eine Stille auf dem Blog und an der Nähmaschine kommt einem doch recht komisch vor. Es ist natürlich nicht so, dass ich nicht nähen will. Oder durch Blogs schnuppern und Kommentare hinterlassen will. Oder aber endlich Euch einmal zurück schreiben. Sorry!
Allerdings bin ich zum ersten Mal in meinem Leben an dem Spanischen so eng dran, dass ich es mit anderen Sprachen verwechsel. Erklär doch einmal etwas Deinen Freunden, wenn einem die Wörter nur in Spanisch einfallen (und das obwohl das "r" doch typisch bayrisch gerollt wird und zumindest Käse und queso sich so ähnlich anhören :))

Das ist wohl das erste Mal, dass ich so viel und so beständig für eine Klausur lerne. Natürlich lernt sich so eine Sprache nicht in einem Semester, trotzdem ist es sehr beängstigend wie viel man sich in dieser Zeit aneignen könnte. Gerüchten zufolge soll es Leute geben, die diese Sprachklausur beim ersten Anlauf bestehen. Ich kenne nur keinen einzigen :)
Am Dienstag werde ich dann wieder ansprechbar sein und den Gewinner des
Giveaways ziehen :)

And if you have a bit of time for two clicks, please go and vote in the Gen X Quilters Love Nest Quilt Contest. If you scroll down you should see the poll on the right side. Mine is number 5 but please vote for your favorite!

Und wenn Ihr einmal ein klitzekleines bißchen Zeit habt, dann bitte rüberklicken zu Gen X Quilters. Bei deren Love Nest Quilt Contest habe ich mitgemacht. Wenn man ein wenig runterscrollt, dann sollte rechts die Umfrage zu sehen sein. Mein Quilt (der Regenbogenquilt) ist Nummer fünf, allerdings möchte ich natürlich keinem vorschreiben, was er wählen soll :)



Julie from Sew Jewely will be having a fabulous tutorial up on The Quilted Fish tomorrow. I know because I have seen the sneak peak on her blog and am showing it here to you (the picture on top of this text)

Julie von Sew Jewely hat übrigens morgen ein neues Tutorial auf dem Blog von The Quilted Fish. Und es ist wirklich toll, voller Knöpfe :)
Das Bild von ihr ist oben zu sehen.


Just so you know, she made this for Amanda:

Und das hat sie für Amanda gemacht:




And "Sugar and Spice" will be out soon (as in: just a couple of months to go...). I can't wait for it to arrive! Did I mention that I love all things aqua and red?

Und anscheinend werden wir bald alle in den Genuss von "Sugar and Spice" kommen. Ich kann es wirklich kaum erwarten. Lauter aqua und rot, würde hervorragend bei mir rein passen. Eine kleine Vorliebe für die Farben habe ich ja schon ;)




Hope you have a lovely evening. Mine is spent on "Subjuntivo". Wish me luck on Monday :)
Einen schönen Abend Euch allen! Meinen werde ich dem Subjuntivo widmen... Wünscht mir Glück am Montag!
Johanna

PS: Pictures of the bracelet and "sugar and spice" are courtesy of Amanda from
The Quilted Fish. The other picture belongs to Julie from Sew Jewely.

7 comments:

  1. Hehehe you go (Study that is) when I lived in Germany I kept mixing it with French so I totally get it. Then when I was in Italy I was mixing Italian with German... eep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. espero que no te canses ni te estreses demasiado con este nuevo idioma! there, that's more subjuntivo...
    I'm sure your Spanish is very good, if you need any help...I'm Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you good luck!!!!
    And do not worry - we guys are not going anywhere! So just take your time!

    And am so curious about that tutorial ... buttons??? Can not wait! Thanks for showing us the cute sneak peak! :-)


    Off to go to the contest ... and voted for you!

    Love

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries here - your plate sounds about as full as mine. Love your post! Go study and do well!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your studying, Johanna!! Now that you know Spanish, you can come and visit me in Tejas! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. gook luck with your studies. nice blog, i linked thru another one because you and my daughter share the name johanna! do you know what it means? :)

    tammy k. in illinois where it's cold!
    http://www.bunbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with all your studies. I'm so impressed with you! You already speak English so well, and German, of course. Now you're learning Spanish? I can't even speak more than one language. You go, girl! Hang in there!

    Wasn't Julie's tute awesome?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Dankeschön für Deinen Kommentar!