Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hello (and a mini tutorial)

Long time, no see! Sorry to have been absent for such a long time! I have been to Spain for a few months and trying to make the best out of life in general :) Today I was featured over at Kim's blog and she shows my labels and the Sweet Divinity Diamond Quilt that I made a tutorial for some time ago.


Well, I thought this would be a great opportunity to show you the pillow I have been making for my secret partner in the German swap Swap*pen:

 

It's EPP and actually was quite some work to figure out but the stitching was quite relaxing and didn't take as much time as I (secretly) feared it would. It was quite fun and I would love to give you the template I have been working with. I called it *Royal Bloom* just so that it has a name.
 
 

Just right click on the following picture, print it out (with no special settings), please credit me when you are making one of your own and please only use it for private projects. The size of the printout shouldn't matter, you will always get a consistent and great flower any time.




As for the instructions: Print out the template six times, preferably on sturdier paper, then cut out the shapes along the curvy lines. Use them as a template and cut out fabric (don't forget to add seam allowances!) and then just wrap the fabric around it using one of your favorite hexagon methods. After that you arrange your pieces and just sew them together. It is tricky in the center but it worked fine for me. And then I just appliqued it to the front of my pillow case. 

 

Have fun sewing! Johanna

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. It is beautiful Johanna! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your pillow is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works is always aaking me so envious...it is so beautiful..your colours, your perfect points... you are a creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I've been enjoying keeping up with you on Flickr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! So, so nice to see a post from you!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Pillow,thanks so much for the pattern. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. I love the cushion. If I can find the time, I will make one for my comfy reading chair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Ich bin nicht so der Papiernäher, aber das wäre auch ein Grund davon abzuweichen. Eine wirklich tolle Muhhme - wie meine Kleine sagen würde :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Dankeschön für Deinen Kommentar!